Monday, July 1, 2013

What's in my purse? Let's go down the rabbit hole

I am one of those girls. The kind that keeps everything they could ever 'need' in her purse. As a result of this, my purse is always around 10lbs. Some boys (my brother or boyfriend) will pick it up and marvel at the fact that I carry such a burden every day!

Yes, boys, it's a feat! Respect it!

So today at work while I was being oh-so-productive I realized I wanted to look for a receipt from Walmart (which the haul post is coming for!) But while doing that I realized I really  desperately needed to clean out my purse.
a small bag that is one of 3 inside my purse. Unnecessary? Yes. Adorable? HELL yes. From Forever 21

And while doing so, I took inventory. Just so you guys are aware of how crazy I am. And how unnecessary I am. It's ridiculous. I fully admit it.

  • Three (3) packs of gum- 5 Cobalt (unopened), Extra Polar Ice, Extra Orange Creme Pop
  • Six (6) pens- 3 of these are Disney pens. I am a little obsessed.
  • Four (4) lighters - yet I can NEVER seem to find any. So, I put them in the side pocket. No more digging for lighters, hooray!
  • two (2) unopened contact lenses. I guess it's good to be prepared!
  • two (2) nail polishes- Sinful Colors black on black & NYC Big City Dazzle
  • Deodorant- Secret va va vanilla (My holy grail deodorant, so in love with the scent!)
  • two (2) camera battery chargers
  • two (2) cameras- Fujifilm point & shoot & Kodak underwater point & shoot
  • two (2) pairs of sunglasses- leopard print and floral print
  • travel sized Bath & Body Works antibacterial hand gel gold dust 
  • One pack of cigarettes- Camel Turkish Royals (the only cigarettes I will ever smoke)
  • travel sized bottle of Bath & Body Works fragrance mist- secret wonderland
  • Trial sized Neutrogena daily facial cleanser that I thought was hand lotion this whole time
  • two (2) wallets - one for daily use and one for all the cards that are rarely used

Mixing animal prints...so embarassing!
  • Ipod classic 
  • $2.82 in change
  • an assortment of movie tickets, concert stubs, and Disney photo passes
  • wristbands (I collect them when I go to clubs/bars), a hotel key, and other momentos
  • headband
  • got2b powderful volumizing styling powder sample
  • Redkin rough paste 12 sample size
  • tums refreshers
  • Pepcid AC
  • Pepto Bismol Pills
  • Keys
As you can see, I keep everything but the kitchen sink. But if you thought that was it, you are wrong. There is more! Yes, more.

I have three smaller bags that I keep inside my purse. As I type that I realize how insane that sounds. 
The one that is packed full is the purple velvet one. The purple doesn't show up in pictures but trust it is a royal purple velvet bag from H&M
 Inside you will find all my 'beauty' contents.
some jewelry and the purple velvet beauty bag

Literally all of my lip products are in this bag. Why?? That is beyond me. Truth be told, I don't even wear lip products every day, and I don't even wear half of these lip products at all! Why do I carry them around daily?? gah!
Also, jewelry. Another thing I don't wear everyday, yet insist on carrying around for no good reason other than they will get lost if I don't.

  • Octopus necklace from Merbellas at the Renaissance Festival
  •  Leopard print watch from Windsor you can find here
  • pair of gold leopard earrings from Forever 21 you can find here
  • Starfish ring from H&M (pretty much my favorite ring) unfortunately I could not find it online. I saw some similar ones but didn't feel comfortable linking them since I did not know who they belonged to
  • Gold bow ring from Forever 21 you can find here
  • black stone ring from H&M
  • gold anchor necklace from Forever 21
  • black & white rhinestoned leopard ring- I don't remember where I got this but a similar one can be found here
  • the dark spike ring from this set
  • gold key double knuckle ring from Forever 21 
  • gold knot dangly earrings from Forever 21
  • Plastic? resin? white rose ring from Forever 21
And that's my jewelry. Also stuffed in the same small bag is all of my lip stuff:

  • Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream in Monte Carlo
  • Either Wet n Wild or NYC brand - literally the whole package does not say the brand name on it. Weird! lipstick in Pink Slip
  • Carmex cherry lip balm in the squeeze tube
  • Urban Decay lipstick in sellout
  • Rimmel Stay Glossy in black
  • Revlon Colorstay Overtime in Enduring Iris
  • Covergirl Outlast lipstain in 450 saucy plum
  • Essence Breaking Dawn Pt 2 Collection lipstick in A piece of forever
  • Maybelline Superstay 10 hr stain gloss 170 pleasing plum
  • Covergirl Outlast lipstain in 440 wild berry wink
  • Ulta extreme wear lipstain in 14
  • Maybelline Superstay 24 hour color - this is my holy grail lip product! On & on Orchid
  • Maybelline Superstay 24 hour lipcolor - The sticker fell off of this but this is my holy grail red lip color! I am guessing it is either keep up the flame or endless ruby. Whatever it is, I love it!
  • Urban Decay Pocket rocket lipgloss in Max 
Other makeup and things in the same pouch:
  • E.l.f shimmering facial whip in lilac petal
  • container of safety pins with bobby pins stuffed in, that I forgot were there until I was doing this
  • E.l.f. mineral eyeshadow in royal
  • Covergirl brow and eye pencil in Midnight black
As you  can tell, I carry a lot in my purse!
Might be hard to tell, but it's a clear plastic puch with old-school style 'tattoo' art on it.


Are there any other purse hoarders out there like me? When you look through your purse you get uncomfortable with yourself like, why do I have this? I will never need this! Yet you stick it back in anyway...

Please tell me I'm not the only one! ;)

Follow your bliss,
Ember Darling

2 comments:

I love reading & replying to comments so always check back here to see my reply!
I encourage you to leave a link to your blog so that I can check it out!

EmberDarling