Wednesday, May 22, 2013

I gave in...to IPSY

So I have seen a lot around the blogging world about different 'subscription services' and box subscriptions.

Honestly, none of it ever interested me. I figured it was more expensive than it was worth, and let's face it- I buy enough beauty products every month. I also have a subscription to Netflix and Hulu and in my opinion that is more than enough things to be addicted, I mean, subscribed to. 

But then I started looking a little more carefully at the glam bags people were recieving and in particular, May's bag caught my eye. In particular there was a FULL sized Zoya polish in it- I have yet to try Zoya because I am super cheap about my nail polish. I know. I suck. Not only that but some bags included some urban decay eye shadow.

So needless to say I was on board with this idea, so I looked into it a little more. What I found out was that basically you take a style quiz that (from what I understand) puts you into one of a few categories. Based on your style category you get one of a few glam bags, which include a mixture of full sized products and deluxe samples of products. All of this for only $10!! Ten dollars!!! I spend more than that on an accidental beauty splurge in Walgreens.
Not only does it come with the products but membership to the website grants you access to tutorials from plenty of youtube gurus (for instance Michelle Phan, who started the company!) and also from your average beauty. It especially emphasizes looks to try with the products you are given, which I think is lovely.

Basically, it's a lot of bang for your buck! And since I'm all ABOUT bang for your buck, I am over here like 

Needless to say, I was drawn in. When I went to sign up I was disappointed to find out I had been wait listed. I really liked some of the bags I saw for May and quickly realized it was too late for that, that ship has sailed.

To my delight, I was taken off the wait list less than 3 days later. But, I still have to wait until June for my subscription to start. One thing I enjoy is that it charges you on the first of every month, so you don't forget which day you actually ordered it, etc. 

So, all in all I can't say that it will be worth it yet but I have heard nothing but good things about this subscription service so I hope that I will be pleased as well! I'm sure I will be!

Stay on the lookout here for breakdowns of my bags and how I like/use the products I receive!

How about you, are you subscribed to any monthly beauty service? How do you like it? Let me know in the comments!

Follow your bliss, 
Ember Darling

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading & replying to comments so always check back here to see my reply!
I encourage you to leave a link to your blog so that I can check it out!

EmberDarling