Sunday, July 21, 2013

Nordstrom Anniversary Beauty Event Tampa

This past Friday I was lucky enough to attend Nordstrom's anniversary event in Tampa.
Judi posted about the event and I'm so glad she did! I had never been to any sort of beauty event yet and I was excited to dive in!

The event was from 5-8. I arrived right as it started and had no idea what to expect. I walked up and found tons of beauty booths set up with experts and makeup artists everywhere! A DJ was even there pumping out fun, upbeat music.

I was surrounded by more high end brands then I knew what to do with! The truth was that I was extremely overwhelmed. I didn't know where to begin! I was afraid to even touch anything! 

To start, I was given a goodie bag of samples (which included perfume samples and a sample size of Smashbox's infamous photofinish primer!) and entered my name into the giveaway drawing. 

I was still taking it all in when I spotted some of my favorite beauty bloggers! Phyrra, Judi, and Genia. Of course I had to go up to them and tell them how much I loved their posts! 

For the sake of full disclosure I have to tell you all how awkward I was. Oh, my goodness. I was face to face with people I have been following for months, some people who have been the people to inspire me to start blogging myself! Of course I was nervous. This was my first time meeting people as Budget Splurge Ember, and it was scary at first! 

However, they were all so nice! They invited me to come with them to the Chantecaille booth and I got to watch them get facials done. 

All the representatives I met at the event were so nice and helpful!

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures to share since my phone died! However you can check out Phyrra's post about the event and see the pictures she took! 

All in all I'm so glad I attended the event! It was a lot of fun. I definitely recommend everyone to find out if there is going to be an event in their area, and to attend! It's too fun to miss. Next time I am going to try and get an appointment for all the fun stuff like makeovers and facials!  However even if you don't do that, there is still plenty to look at and learn! There were lots of sales for the anniversary, and lots of exclusive products to check out!

Follow your bliss,
Ember Darling

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lot of goodies! I love getting samples and trying out new things. Sounds like a fun event.

    http://diaryofatrendaholic.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it was fun and I too love getting samples and trying things I might not normally try. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! xo

      Delete
  2. I live in NYC and you would think we'd have more beauty events haha! But this sounds like a blast :)

    http://yourbeautyfixreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw I'm sure there are some! Just gotta know where to look! If It weren't for Judi posting about this event, I would have had no idea!

      It definitely was fun. Thanks for the comment! xo

      Delete
  3. Ahh! This makes me wish I could have gone! Girrrl! I hear you on the awkward part! I was the exact same way when I met them! They are lovely ladies huh?! I'm glad you had an amazing time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw I wish you would have gone too! And yes they are lovely and I am hopelessly awkward heh. Thanks for stopping by and showing some love xo

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. you too!!! I love the fact that I got to meet local bloggers. It's nice to know people in your area!

      Delete

I love reading & replying to comments so always check back here to see my reply!
I encourage you to leave a link to your blog so that I can check it out!

EmberDarling