Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Honorable mentions: Looks that almost fell through the cracks

Since I'm still getting the hang of this whole ~blogging~ thing, sometimes I let perfectly good posts just pass me by.
I know. Shit's weak.

(see my honorable mentions after the jump!)



Luckily, sometimes I capture a quick picture or two...It's not a whole lot, but I figured it was worth mentioning them! 

I will do an Honorable Mentions roundup every so often when I have a few looks that I didn't quite get enough pictures for a post. 

despicable me nails
Despicable me nails!
So earlier this week, my boyfriend's little sister asked if I could do her nails. She wanted me to attempt some Minions from Despicable Me (and Despicable Me 2!) It seemed a little more challenging than what I was used to, but I gave it a shot! Honestly, I'm pretty proud of how these turned out! It was surprisingly easy with my Salon Perfect Nail art duo, I used both the dotting side and the art brush side!
The only two colors I remember distinctly are Sinful Colors Unicorn (the yellow of the minions) and China Glaze frostbite,  for the rest of the nails and the minion's pants. 

peacock nails
a failed attempt at peacock nails
This next manicure never saw the light of day because it didn't turn out the way I imagined it would. I LOVED all the colors used in this though! I can't wait to use them for other manicures. However, it didn't come together the way I imagined it. All of these polishes were recently featured in Haul posts of mine!

 The purple for the base coat is Milani totally cool, the green tips is a Julie G polish that I'm unsure of the name of, and the accent nail is Sephora midnight crawl . I love this polish! I was scared it would be sheer but it is the exact opposite! The peacock feather did not turn out how I had hoped. I used a black Sally Hanson nail art pen....those things are fickle! I can never get them to do what I want. Ah, well. Better luck next time!

rose and polka dot nail art
rose and polka dot manicure
This last manicure is one that I certainly wish I had more pictures of. I'm just glad that I got this picture before I cleaned it up. It's not great, but at least it's something! 

This was my first attempt at doing roses! I had seen several tutorials online and just went for it. I wouldn't say it turned out GREAT but I wouldn't say it was horrible either. On my other nails I did polka dots (this was before my dotting tool!) which I think went great with the vintage feel. The only polishes I know in this are the mint and lavender, which are both ELF polishes. I also like the accent pinky glitter nail. I think it does great to break up the patterns.

fatshion OOTD
OOTD
I recently wore this outfit to work and got a lot of compliments so I figured it was worth sharing! Excuse the shoddy mirror pic selfie quality...
In this OOTD I'm wearing a skirt from Target that was on clearance a while back. I paid around $8 for it.
The top is a men's vneck from Old Navy (you can find it here) I got in onsale for only $5! 

It's funny because I went out on a limb thinking of wearing these two together. I thought for sure they would clash. However when I put them together I found out they were the exact same shade of burgandy! Obviously this is weird since they are from two entirely different stores. Nonetheless, it made for a cute outfit!

dress and floral jacket OOTD
lavender dress OOTD
The second outfit I wore recently was a dress from Target that I got a while back when they had a "deal of the day" that was buy-one-get-one free! I think it goes perfectly with this floral blazer that I got from Rainbow.  I believe the jacket was only $15.

As you can see, I like to stick to a budget not only with makeup, but with clothes too!

purple smokey eye
purple makeup

This is a look I put together one night when going out with some friends. I didn't have the chance or ability to take any more pictures, and I don't remember any products that I use. I suck! But hey, I figured I'd show it anyway because I actually really like it! I think I used mostly Profusion eyeshadows for this look. I know the purple one definitely is!

Well, I hope you liked these Honorable Mentions, and don't crucify me too much for having low quality pictures.
Hopefully as I get better at blogging, I won't need this section anymore, since I will always remember to take proper pictures! Right? ;)

Follow your bliss,
Ember Darling

8 comments:

  1. I am terrible about the pictures as well! I have to plan to get a post together...its definitely a process :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes definitely! hopefully I get the hang of it...someday :P

      Delete
  2. I like that purple eye shadow on you!

    http://diaryofatrendaholic.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. My pictures blow! Haha I love the rose mani and the purple/vamp look! The despicable me minions are adorbs :D oh and you can find your life path number through a life path calculator on google :) sorry it took me so long to reply...I fell from blogs/Internet for a few days :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and I love the lilac dress :)

      Delete
    2. aww thank you! I'm gonna find out my life path right meow!

      Delete
    3. so I'm basically freaking out right now because mine is so spot on???

      Delete

I love reading & replying to comments so always check back here to see my reply!
I encourage you to leave a link to your blog so that I can check it out!

EmberDarling