Friday, February 14, 2014

Profusion Neoperle eyeshadow palette (green version) : swatches & review

It seems like forever ago that I first talked about the Profusion Neoperle eyeshadow palettes.

and I know it's pretty far after Christmas so it may be hard or even impossible to hunt down these shadows. But I just feel like they are worth talking about.

As you can see they look the same as the blue version, just obviously green. 

Coming in at just $2 a pop, and housing 15 eyeshadows, you can't really go wrong. 

When I opened it my eyes zero-d in on one particular shade- can you guess which one it was??


I'll give you a hint: it's not a neutral!

The 2nd shade from the left, in the middle row is one of the most gorgeous colors I've ever seen.

It's a mint green hat has a beautiful golden sheen to it. The color is truly unique and very pretty.


The rest of the colors were your standard earthy tones. I also like the 2nd to last one on the bottom row.

I will tell you the one thing that was wrong with this, and you can see it in the picture above. It was really sloppily glued into the cardboard palette. Of course, it felt cheap. It was uneven. However this really didn't bother me. I mean, for $2? Wasn't expecting great packaging. Not a deal breaker for me. You get what you pay for, right?


I personally feel like the one mint green shadow was worth $2 all on its own. The rest were just bonuses!


In my swatches there is a strip of primer down the center. Since I prepared this post a while ago I can't remember if I used UDPP or Milani primer. But you can see the outline of where the primer is in most of the swatches. As with most swatches, they look better over primer. Brighter and a bit foiled.
However you can also tell that they are pretty pigmented on their own as well!
These swatches were done with a few back-and-forth motions as opposed to a one-swipe type of swatch.


Beautiful 2nd row. I am obviously smitten with the mint, and I really like the one in the middle as well.


So beautiful I had to include it twice.


I feel like this row embodies the jewel-toned mindset of shadows. You can barely even tell where the primer starts, because it is so pigmented on its own. Has a great finish and is very pigmented yet blendable as you can tell at the edges.


Here is after I wiped my arm with makeup remover a few times..as you can see most of the shadow is gone except for what was clearly on top of the primer. Which leads me to believe that these shadows, when on top of primer, have some GREAT staying power!

Did you get a chance to pick up any Profusion shadow kits this holiday season? What do you think of these colors?
There will definitely be many looks that I use that use these shadows in the future!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading & replying to comments so always check back here to see my reply!
I encourage you to leave a link to your blog so that I can check it out!

EmberDarling