Friday, October 4, 2013

Inner Beauty Friday: Don't care

{I felt like since I've been using the YALLFest interviews as Inner Beauty Fridays, and I am quite behind on my other posts, I really needed to post a true blue Inner Beauty Friday}

Now, don't let the title fool you.
I care.
I care a lot.

But I try to care about the right things.

Since getting into beauty blogging I have noticed there are a  lot of women who are insecure. They may judge others because they fear that they are also being judged. They feel like they HAVE to do certain things or else their manicures aren't good enough, or if their makeup isn't perfect it's not blog-worthy.

I can tell you right now that I am the opposite of that.
I can also tell you that, because of that, I am happier.

Sure it's good to be proud of what you can do. I can even understand striving for perfection. 

But for christ sake stop putting yourself down when you don't achieve the impossible perfection!!

I promise you once you begin to believe that you are awesome and rocking it no matter WHAT, you will always feel like you are awesome and rocking it.

I would never post my pictures on the web if I thought "oh no, are my cuticles good enough?! Is my eyeshadow blended enough?!" It's easy to get hung up on insecurities. Don't let your insecurities win.
I aim to show that I'm just an average girl. I don't obsess over every detail. I don't put hours of effort into my looks. And HEY, I still look okay! Better than okay, actually.
I urge everyone to not sweat the small stuff. That takes time and effort out of truly enjoying yourself  and being proud of your efforts.

Follow your bliss,
Ember Darling

P.s. my September Ipsy bag review is COMING this weekend. I am so behind it's not even funny! Ah, well. I'll try and play catch up this weekend :) Have a fabulous weekend, dolls! Don't do anything I wouldn't do ;)    [that shouldn't be hard. There's not much I wouldn't do]

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading & replying to comments so always check back here to see my reply!
I encourage you to leave a link to your blog so that I can check it out!

EmberDarling