Wednesday, October 9, 2013

YALLFest author spotlight: Shannon Hale

:YALLFest is one of the only book festivals focused entirely on Young Adults. It's held in Charleston, South Carolina and this year it starts November 9th. The best part is, it's mostly free! The only thing that cost money are the ticketed events- the keynote conversation and the closing YA smackdown. All signings are free!

I really wanted to go this year! This year's lineup includes 50 young adult authors, including 25 New York Times Bestsellers. That's a pretty impressive lineup! Unfortunately, I don't have the money to go this year, but am definitely planning on going in the near future. If you love to read, live in the South Carolina area (I live in Florida and would DEFINITELY make the drive!)  I absolutely recommend going to this.

Shannon Hale is the author of over a dozen YA books, adult books, and graphic novels. 
She'll be at this year's YALLFest so be sure to check her out!


Describe your book in 5 words
 Boarding school for children of famous fairytales

Best writing tip you ever received?
 People remember a story for its characters.

What one young adult novel do you wish you had when you were a teen? Why?
The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart. It’s smart, engaging, and discusses so many things I was struggling with.


Tell us 5 random facts about yourself.
 I have 4 kids (including identical girl toddler twins). My husband likes to wear masks and hide around the house to scare me. I like to read while lying on my belly. I love the sky. I’m not a very good speller.


What are you working on now?
The third Princess Academy book.

Don't forget you can find the other authors in this series below!:
Cinda Williams Chima can be found here
Lauren Oliver can be found here
CJ Lyons can be found here
Sean Williams can be found here:
Rainbow Rowell can be found here
Ransom Riggs can be found here 
Veronica Rossi can be found here
Kami Garcia can be found here
Melissa de la Cruz can be found here 

Check back Friday for another great author interview!

Follow your bliss,
Ember Darling

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading & replying to comments so always check back here to see my reply!
I encourage you to leave a link to your blog so that I can check it out!

EmberDarling