Tuesday, October 1, 2013

YALLFest author spotlight: Kami Garcia

YALLFest series intro!
:YALLFest is one of the only book festivals focused entirely on Young Adults. It's held in Charleston, South Carolina and this year it starts November 9th. The best part is, it's mostly free! The only thing that cost money are the ticketed events- the keynote conversation and the closing YA smackdown. All signings are free!

I really wanted to go this year! This year's lineup includes 50 young adult authors, including 25 New York Times Bestsellers. That's a pretty impressive lineup! Unfortunately, I don't have the money to go this year, but am definitely planning on going in the near future. If you love to read, live in the South Carolina area (I live in Florida and would DEFINITELY make the drive!)  I absolutely recommend going to this.


I'm very honored to host the interview with international best seller Kami Garcia today. You might know Kami because she is one of the co-authors of the beautiful creatures series which was, of course, turned into a movie. Her new book that is the start of a new series, the legion, comes out TODAY! Woo!


What one thing do you need to have when you write?
I need three things: my laptop, my headphones, and Diet Coke.

Describe your book in 5 words:
Paranormal. Ghost-hunting. Intense. Romance. Secret Societies.

Tell us 5 random facts about yourself.

1. I don’t know how to ride a bike.
 2. I used to be an artist (a painter). 
3. I won’t fly without my huge charm necklace that I believe will keep the plane from crashing. 
4. I believe in ghosts.
 5. Every time I write a book, I worry that everyone will hate it.



What are you working on now?

I am working on the second book in the Legion Series, the sequel to Unbreakable. Like Unbreakable, the 
sequel is very intense and has plenty of paranormal elements. But I think it’s even more romantic and surprising than the first book.

What is your favorite genre to write in? To Read?
My favorite genre to write is definitely urban fantasy/paranormal romance. I love to read paranormal, but I am also a huge fan of horror, crime fiction, high fantasy, and science fiction.


Be sure to check out Kami Garcia's new series, the first book came out today!

To catch up on the other authors in this series, check them out~
Cinda Williams Chima can be found here
Lauren Oliver can be found here
CJ Lyons can be found here
Sean Williams can be found here:
Rainbow Rowell can be found here
Ransom Riggs can be found here 
Veronica Rossi can be found here

Follow your bliss,
Ember Darling

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading & replying to comments so always check back here to see my reply!
I encourage you to leave a link to your blog so that I can check it out!

EmberDarling