Wednesday, October 9, 2013

September in photos

OK let's get real I am terrible at keeping a schedule. Whatever. Here's what I was up to in September!





Let's start with the beginning of the month. I began the month with housesitting for my good friends over Labor day weekend. And I cooked! I know this meal seems easy and boring etc etc but you don't understand. I don't cook. Mostly because my living situation does not allow me the opportunity to. So when I was given the free reign of a kitchen, I took it. I made dinner for my boyfriend and I.

The first week of September I won a quick facebook-contest for tickets to see the Blue Man group from my friend Shannon who works there. It was my first time going to Universal in, like, a decade and my first time seeing the Blue Man group. It was super entertaining! A bit expensive but since I got to go for free it was the perfect date night.


One thing I got to do in September was spend a lot of time with cats! The big picture is my baby Potey.
Clockwise from there is a cute kitty I met roaming around my grandparent's house, my friends' cat Murdoch, and the bottom two is their cat Treble. Those are the cats I got to take care of when I house-sat!


My friend Erynn and her boyfriend came down and we all went to Epcot together! I think these pictures are pretty self explanatory.

One of the reasons Erynn came down is so that we could see our favorite band Yellowcard together. She's seen them over 45 times and I have seen them 24. After all these years we couldn't believe we had never seen them together! So September 22nd changed that, when we saw them at the Orlando House of Blues. They played Ocean Avenue acoustically from front to back and then went on to play several songs electrically. It was without a doubt one of the best concerts I have ever been to. I might be a little biased though ;)


My month wasn't all happiness and sunshine. A couple major events could have been in the running for worst days of the year.

First, my poor kitty got sick. We took him to the vet a few times and he's currently on antibiotics and is hopefully speeding towards a full recovery. Fingers crossed!!!! I am a total worry-wart so these past 2 weeks have NOT been easy.

The bottom pictures are from what I like to call the day from hell. After dropping my friends off at the airport we were heading home when we got a flat tire (left) so my boyfriend replaced it with the spare (right). Simple enough, right? Wrong. Something wasn't right. So after pulling over twice more we discovered the spare had indeed popped as well. So now we were on a random backroad and had to wait for a tow truck. Then we were at Walmart with no way to pay for a new tire, so money had to be wired to us. It was a LONG day.

The top picture is my friend Courtney and I about to go to a local club here called The Castle. More pics to come on this look for sure! ;)

From left to right:
Why is it that my hair does cool things after sleeping on it weird and being a total hot mess in every other regard? Why can't my hair be cool all the time? sigh.

In case you didn't know, I am totally pumpkin obsessed. No shame whatsoever. If you can add pumpkin to it, I want it. This was my first pumpkin spice latte of the season and needless to say I was giddy.

Vodka & the new Blue redbull is my new favorite drink. So good!


Last but not least we have the Fall Out Boy concert. This was an unexpected, last minute treat and I am so, so happy I got to go! It was amazing.

So, September was a little bit more exciting than August. Hopefully October blows them out of the water though because I love fall!!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, looks like you had a great September! I did as well :) I actually just did a photo post today about fall in Canada, I love this season. The weather looks nice and warm where you are. I have never heard of that band before but if you guys have seen them that many times they must be good! I liked your dark smokey eye makeup.

    http://diaryofatrendaholic.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't too bad that's for sure! I'm glad you had a good month too! I saw your post, I loved seeing the season in a totally different place than FL haha. It is definitely warm, it's not always nice here! Yes they are my favorite! :) and thanks! More pics to come on that look :) thanks for s topping by and commenting Erica!

      Delete
  2. Glad you liked Blue Man! I'm so jealous you got to go to EPCOT...I'm hoping to go to Food and Wine this year, but I'm not sure yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes so much!! I got an expensive drink just so I could keep the cup :) and also because blue margaritas call to me. Lol. You should definitely try to go! I got a season pass to Disney and it's the best thing I've ever done! haha. As a fl resident you can pay per month so it's not bad at all.I definitely recommend the food & wine fest! I want to go too!

      Delete

I love reading & replying to comments so always check back here to see my reply!
I encourage you to leave a link to your blog so that I can check it out!

EmberDarling